Bipolar Disorder Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WRAP plan

Go down

WRAP plan Empty WRAP plan

Post  Matthew Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:36 pm

What is WRAP?

WRAP stands for Wellness Recovery Action Plan™

WRAP is a self-management and recovery system developed by a group of people who had mental health difficulties and who were struggling to incorporate wellness tools and strategies into their lives. WRAP is designed to:

Decrease and prevent intrusive or troubling feelings and behaviors
Increase personal empowerment
Improve quality of life
Assist people in achieving their own life goals and dreams.
WRAP is a structured system to monitor uncomfortable and distressing symptoms that can help you reduce, modify or eliminate those symptoms by using planned responses. This includes plans for how you want others to respond when symptoms have made it impossible for you to continue to make decisions, take care of yourself or keep yourself safe.

People who are using WRAP say:

“It helps me feel prepared.”
“I feel better more often and I’m able to improve the overall quality of my life.”
The person who experiences symptoms is the one who develops their personal WRAP. The person may choose to have supporters and health care professionals help them create their WRAP.

The WRAP system was developed by people who have been dealing with a variety of psychiatric symptoms for many years and who are working hard to feel better and get on with their lives. Mary Ellen Copeland has shared it with people with other illnesses and they too believe that it can be easily adapted for use with other conditions.
Matthew
Matthew
Administrator

https://bipolarforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down